Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May the SPIRIT be with you

Hello friends and family! Hope it has been a blessed week for all y'all because it sure was for us. 
It was bike week and rather warm, so we were SUPER thankful for any and all members that gave us rides places! That included on Tuesday night, when we went to the youth activities with our dinner for that night. They were doing artwork of the first vision, so we helped out with that because we are pretty much experts on the First Vision. It was also great to get to know the girls. They are super sweet. 
Speaking of super sweet people, we had another lesson with D this week, and it was amazing! We talked about our life on earth and emphasized the importance of keeping the commandments, especially the commandment to be baptized. Dee Dee said she really really really REALLY wanted to be baptized. We told her to start thinking of a date, and she chose one... about three weeks from now! We asked if she thought she could be prepared by then, and she said, "I don't think, I know!" She is so great! We love her. 
On Wednesday, we had district meeting. I gave a training about the Christlike attributes chapter in Preach My Gospel, which is probably my favorite chapter, so I was excited. To be honest, I don't think I even knew that chapter existed before I went on my mission. But now that I've studied it, I love it! We talked about how the Chrisrlike attributes (the ones discussed in PMG are Faith, Hope, Charity and Love, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence, and Obedience) are SO essential to develop as a missionary, because they lead you to serve and love as Christ did. They are so essential in our everyday life, as well! As we strive to become more like Christ, we will align our will with Heavenly Father and be a more effective servant for him. I can also testify that striving to become Christlike makes you happy! Things don't get you down as much, you are focused on the positive, and you see the good in others. At the end of the training I had each missionary explain what Christlike attribute they saw most in thwir companion. It really brought in the Spirit as we focused on the goodness and strengths of others. 
Okay, one more hightlight: Friday, as you may know, was May the Fourth Be With You Day, AKA Star Wars Day. As missionaries, we focus less on the force and more on one of the more powerful forces in the universe: the Spirit! And the good news is, we have been promised that we can always have this Spirit with us as we keep the commandments, take the sacrament, pray, and, I might especially say, reading the scriptures! As Sister Willson paraphrased from Alma 31:5 "The word...had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the [lightsaber], or anything else." That power is accessible to all who seek for it. 
Whew! Two spiritual thoughts in one week! Hope you didn't keel over from the Spirit, it may do that to you. Have a blessed week! 
Love,
Sister Reay 

When in doubt, horse pictures
You can see a bit of my Sister "Rey" hair. No we did not proselyte like this



No comments:

Post a Comment