Monday, November 20, 2017

"Everyone knows the church is true"

Hello everyone! Wow what a busy week it has been. But a great one as well!
At a member teaching appointment this week a girl was telling us how she had prayed to know if the church was true and her five-year-old brother piped up incredulously, "EVERYONE knows the church is true!" Haha, I wish little buddy. I wish. Also in the Primary program last week a little boy got up to say his part and said, "I can choose to follow Jesus Christ by... by... I can't." And sat down. Got to love kids. 
This week we started out by helping the Monteleones move the Monroe elders from a pretty gross townhouse into a new apartment. A lot of the work we had to do was just cleaning. That took quite a while but it was good to help out. I am getting pretty good at moving people in and out at this point. 
Friday was zone conference, which is always a highlight. We discussed the new initiative that is rolling out in January. We are focusing on teaching shorter, simpler lessons and not overloading people with everything at once. It was a really good conference. We also closed up our Christlike attributes Book of Mormon read. Right now I've started reading and highlighting every time it mentions a name of a member of the Godhead. That's a lot of highlighting, let me tell you. 
Sunday was crazy again because of all the church we had to go to. It was great though! A lot of the talks were on gratitude, as you might expect the week before Thanksgiving. It was so good to listen to. We really have so much to be thankful for. That night the missionaries were also invited to watch the young single adult Face2Face event with Elder Oaks and Elder Ballard. That was phenomenal. It was so great to get advice from such experienced leaders. One thing I took away from it is that our 'spiritual' life and our 'worldly' life shouldn't be kept separate. We should shouldn't pray once in the morning and forget about God the rest of the day. After all, God is in the details of our lives, and we can turn to him all throughout the day. It made me think of something President Alexander said at zone conference. He said that some missionaries thought of the mission as something apart from their lives- "Once I'm done with my mission, I can get on with my life." But that's not true. He reminded us that our mission was a part of our lives, and we had to continue on with that in mind. I am definitely striving to integrate the things I am learning so deeply into my life that they will be a part of me when I return. 
Well, stepping off the soap box, I guess. Take time to look at the Face2Face though. It was amazing. 
Love,
Sister Reay 

P.S. I know y'all are just dying to shower me with gifts, but my address might change after December 7, so keep that in mind. Love y'all!

#treatyoself because our zone reached one of our goals


No comments:

Post a Comment