Monday, November 13, 2017

Back to Nature

Good quiet misty morning here in Provington (as I have cleverly decided to call our area). It has been pretty cold and damp this week but I am loving it because it means getting my cozy clothes out and having the apartment full of that 'heater' smell. 
Other great stuff happened this week! It was a little sad, but the Matthews sisters moved to a new apartment. They will be missed, but we have two  bathrooms now, so that's nice. Though now that we moved our desks into their old bedroom, we have no furniture in the living room except for a kitchen chair that we moved in there. 
We went to the Providence district meeting, but my district met in the same building, so I got to see them anyway. It was a good time. 
On Friday we had some calls to do while we were out, as well as a training to prepare, so we stopped at a nature preserve to have some nice scenery. We also found out that Sister Hardy knows a thing or two about plants. And by a thing or two I mean everything. We had a good time out there. 
Saturday we went on exchanges, which is pretty different because we went to different wards on Sunday! I got to go with Sister SauvĂ© to Sharon, which was pretty funny because I've been there before and some members recognized me. I missed seeing two investigators come to the Providence ward though, which was a bummer. 
Our did on Sunday night was pretty exciting because the member had about six frogs, two bearded dragons, a dozen fish and an axolotl so I was thrilled. They also fed us venison chili which I had never had before. It was really tasty. Overall a very interesting experience. 
The training we're doing is about finding and using your gifts and talents. It's based a little on John C. Pingree's talk in the last general conference. I would encourage everyone to read it! I am learning that everyone has talents, great or small, that they can use to serve others. Instead of wasting time comparing your weaknesses to everyone elses' strengths, or wishing you had this or that talent, develop on the gifts you already have! We were all made unique for a reason. If you're not sure what your gifts are, ask Heavenly Father! After all, he was the one that gave them to us. 
Hope everyone has a great, fun-filled week like I had! 
Love, 
Sister Reay 



Bearded dragon
Axolotl (bet most of you didn't know that one)
Basic summary of our companionship
Sisters activity at a trampoline park with ropes course






No comments:

Post a Comment