Monday, November 6, 2017

Aaaand I'm back to sending tree pictures



I have some sad news this week. Sister Rohde had to return home for a medical problem. She is a fantastic missionary and I will miss her dearly, but I know that she will be faithful to the Lord wherever she goes. I learned a lot from her!
So I have spent the last few days with the Providence sisters! We will probably remain this way until the end of the transfer, so I'm all moved in now. Trio life is going to be exciting! Also there is currently another set of sisters in the apartment, so we have five people and two bathrooms. Which wouldn't be a problem if we weren't all on the same showering schedule.
Other things that happened this week: We had Halloween! We weren't allowed to go door to door and we were discouraged from driving, so we did some online work. No one came to our door since we got back from dinner late, so now we have a giant bag of Dum-dums to ourselves. We shared some with the elders at district meeting, so that was good, but we still have way too many for my well-being. 
Sunday was interesting because we're covering both wards now, so we went to church twice! We had meetings before and after, too, so we were there from 9:30-4. It was pretty intense. It'm glad that we're close by, though, so we can manage the Providence and Weddington areas. We're still working on the specifics, though, like where we will go to district meeting and how we will report numbers. But we'll work it out somehow. 
We also had a family home evening with the Providence ward bishop on Sunday night and a few other members of the ward. We had a great discussion on prayer and how important it is to pay attention and be serious about our prayers, because we are actually talking to our Heavenly Father! Also they had a cute puppy which made it even better. 
Things are getting beautiful out here in North Carolina so I thought I might as well bombard you with fall pictures so you can feel the excitement too. I love this weather. We also had daylight savings this week, which is a bummer because it gets darker earlier but also we got an extra hour of sleep which is wonderful. 
Hope everyone else is doing great and gearing up for the holidays! Great things are coming!
Love,
Sister Reay 

So my address right now is:
But if you're sending something to me and worried about it getting here (*cough* birthday cards *cough*) you can always send it to the mission office:





No comments:

Post a Comment