Monday, October 30, 2017

"Me gustan tus pajaritos"

Hello hello everyone!
Anyway, due to some pre-transfer madness and a lot of different things going on that are too long to explain, I spent this last week in a trio with the Sister Training Leaders in Sharon! There were some crazy times for sure, but I am so glad I got to be here and learn from them. Good stuff. 
Tuesday started off with zone conference!!! So exciting. We talked a lot about the new planning guidelines that came out last transfer. Planning is now more focused on the people we teach and what their individual needs are. It's a bit of a change but it's so good! Also we got our SMART PHONES! It is so exciting. It's especially great because we can use the internet while we're out and about, so we can Skype members into lessons, download videos to show people, and sync Areabook on the road. Also we can use emojis 😊🔥😲😁
This week was just crazy with exchanges, since I'm with the STLs. I stayed in Sharon the whole time, but they went on three exchanges! What a wild life. They were all super fun. We went with Sister Hardy for the first one. She is just the sweetest. Then we exchanged with the Gastonia STLs, and I got to meet Sister Payne! She is great and also hilarious! Finally we went with Sister Vonasek, who is going home tomorrow 😭 She is such a powerful missionary. It was great to learn from her. 
We had so many good lessons this week. My favorites were with M and her kids, W and P. They are an adorable family and so eager to learn. Their lessons are completely in Spanish, though, since M doesn't speak much English. I wish I had studied  Spanish more now. I could understand most of what they talked about, but I could only say things like "Hello," "Nice to meet you," and, "I like your birds." Not super useful things, but oh well. We have Sister Garcia.
Also, we got transfer news! I am staying in Weddington and I'm getting Sister Rohde from Hickory! I am so excited for this transfer. It's going to be great!
Love,
Sister Reay 

Picture: El pajarito


No comments:

Post a Comment