Monday, October 16, 2017

Exchanges: Part II

Good afternoon everyone! The weather is beautiful and wet here in North Carolina, and we are enjoying it immensely. I am looking forward to fall. 
This week was wonderful, in part because it was ZONE WEEK! Nothing like getting a spiritual pump-up over Messenger every day.  It made me so excited for zone conference tomorrow!
We also had exchanges again this week! I got to stay in Weddington with the one and only Sister Johnson. She was a great teacher and we had so much fun together! We had a long night knocking, and just when we were getting exhausted, we had a wonderful part-member family let us in to share a message. Such a blessing!
District meeting was also phenomenal. We talked about general conference and ended up discussing President Nelson's talk about the Book of Mormon. The best takeaway I had was that we could SAY we could choose the Book of Mormon over rubies and diamonds, like Pres. Nelson said, but we only truly accept the worth of it if we open it, read it, and follow its teachings. Something to ponder. 
Also this week I found out that our nearest Walmart is in South Carolina! We had to stop by there, so I have now visited three states on my mission. If I ever serve in Tennessee I'll have hit all four. 
Yesterday Sister Vincent and I both got the opportunity to speak in church! Luckily they gave us a day's notice so we could prepare haha. We spoke about self-reliance, and I tied it in to how becoming self-reliant helps youth prepare for missionary work. It went really well! Such an important topic. 
Well, not much going on this wonderful P-day. I think I will take a nap after this :) Hope to hear from y'all!
Love, 
Sister Reay



No comments:

Post a Comment