Monday, May 8, 2017

Long Story Short: I'm Still Here

Its a busy day so this email might be a bit short. 
Transfers were this week, and as we expected, Sister Hill is leaving and going to Lincolnton. I will be picking up my new companion, Sister Christiansen, tomorrow in Charlotte. It's sad to have Sister Hill leave, since she is a great companion and I've learned so much from her. But I've been told that Sister Christiansen is great as well, so I'm looking forward to it. Also... We are becoming a full car area!!!!! Which means no more bike week (at least for the time being)! And just in time for summer, too. What a relief. 
Highlights from the week:
I woke up Thursday thinking I had pinkeye. But it was caused by allergies and was not contagious. Thank goodness for eye drops. 
We had interviews with President and Sister Alexander on Thursday. He said he was very impressed with my progress and my strong eye contact. 
On Friday we had dinner with the Moores, and boy was that a treat. Brother and Sister Moore have been in barbecue competitons for years, and Bro. Moore has won first place in all sorts of meat categories in North Carolina, South Carolina, AND Virginia (rumor has it the first time he cooked duck was in a barbecue competition... and he won). So in other words, this was the absolute BEST barbecue I have ever had! We had brisket, pulled pork, chicken, and ribs, along with homemade slaw and the most delicious coconut cake (which  we helped make). The ribs were my favorite. 
Anyway, it was a fantastic week. I am looking forward to this exciting change! Keep looking for missionary experiences, y'all. 
Love, 
Sister Reay 

Pictures: 
Bro. Moore and his 'cooker' 
Tasty meats 





No comments:

Post a Comment