Monday, June 11, 2018

Time flies when you're teaching repentance

Hello everyone! Wow this has been a week! It felt pretty long... and at the same time, it just flew by. Honestly I can't remember a whole lot of details, but I will do my best! 
Tuesday was, to the best of my recollection, a normal Tuesday. We tried to find a lot of people and ended up finding some of them. On Wednesday we had a fantastic district meeting and a fantastic lesson with Dee Dee! We taught her about obedience and following the prophet. It is just so amazing that we have a prophet to give us direction from God on the earth today, just like he did in ancient times. We had a couple of members with us that helped teach and bore their testimonies. Also they gave us some home-grown honey afterward, which was much appreciated! 
On Thursday we did our weekly planning and a few other missionary-type things, and on Friday we did even more of them! We were able to contact more of our old Bible referrals, as well as some of the new ones we've recieved. We did that Saturday as well. We met some great people, including a woman who was super busy preparing for her granddaughter's graduation but still took time to talk to us and tell every family member she saw about how surprised and happy she was that we hand-delivered the Bible right to her door. We get that reaction a lot, though people are normally just surprised. 
Sunday was a great day at church! Things got a little exciting back at the apartment when I opened the blinds and a wasp flew out. Sister Miller very bravely caught it and put it outside, so we're all good now. It was a big feller though. 
Saturday was also the last day of our Doctrine of Christ Book of Mormon read as a mission. It's always a little sad to turn to the last page of the Book of Mormon, because I just want to read more! Luckily I can always start it over again, which I have. We had a zone video chat after our morning studies and talked about what we had learned and how we had changed. It was an excellent discussion. I had a really good experience when I finished my read. I decided to write in my study notebook the main points of the last chapter of the Book of Mormon. Since they were the very last words, I figured they would be pretty important. And I found that the final message of the Book of Mormon is very simple: "Come unto Christ." From beginning to end, the Book of Mormon proves that it is what it says it is: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I have come so close to Him as I read and study, really study, the Book of Mormon. It truly teaches us to have faith in Him, to repent daily of our sins, to make and keep covenants with Him and to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. EVERYTHING is and should be centered on Christ. 
That about sums up my week! Things are warming up here just in time for bike week, so pray for our hydration! ðŸ˜‚
Love,
Sister Reay 

Zone activity pictures from last week! 
After the "find the Skittles in the whipped cream" challenge
The #Spanishdistrict victorious
... and then a water balloon ambush (Elder Galvan got them back though) 




No comments:

Post a Comment