Wednesday, January 10, 2018

New year, same great work

Happy New Year everyone! This is the first time in a long while that I have slept through New Year's Eve haha. But a curfew is a curfew even if it is a holiday. 
I know I didn't write much last week, but some great things happened that week! We had zone conference the Friday before Christmas and it was so much fun. Imagine a bunch of missionaries standing around a piano, banging elementary school percussion instruments together, and belting out "I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas" and you have a pretty good idea of how it went. Also we played NCCM Jeopardy, with gospel and NC trivia questions and the final jeopardy challenge: lassoing President Alexander. Luckily our zone leader came in clutch for that. We spent Christmas Eve with the bishop and Christmas at a member's house. Thanks for all the Christmas wishes!
We also had a Christmas Eve miracle! After church when only the elders and bishopric were there a woman drove up to the church and started talking with them. Turns out she really wanted God more in her life and was looking for a church! Since she was a single woman the elders referred her to us and we were there within the hour. We are working with her now and it is great! Miracles everyone. 
Well this week is New Year's so I might as well say a few words about making resolutions. In the mission we actually do it everyweek, except we call it "Set goals and make plans." And it gets sort of repetetive for us, but when I think about it, I really hope that it's something I can take home with me. Setting a goal, or making a resolution, is all good and well, but without a plan to put it into action it's pretty much meaningless. Anyway, I've made a couple of resolutions to work  on and I hope y'all do to! Now go out and make it a great year! 
Love,
Sister Reay 

No comments:

Post a Comment