Monday, September 18, 2017

Charlotte or Bust

Hello everyone, from the Weddington area!!!
This week started off with a bang. Sister Lowry and I had to get the apartment completely empty of all food, trash, and personal items before we left in the morning, so we were pretty much in a mad rush. It was also raining pretty good all morning, which didn't exactly help. Luckily the elders came by to take some of the food and also took our bags upon bags of trash to the dumpster. Such blessings. We got off all right and made it to Charlotte in time, where happily the skies were clear while we unloaded. 
I saw Sister Lowry off and met my new companion, Sister Vincent! She is amazing and a wonderful missionary. I love her already!
So here I am in Weddington! It is a beautiful area. It is especially nice because it has a lot of sidewalks to bike on, which is great, since we are in a carshare now. Luckily this area is smaller than any of my other areas have been. 
We knocked a lot of doors this week. We had a great night on Saturday. Sister Alexander texted us out of the blue and asked if she could come out with us. She is an amazing and sweet woman. We got to visit so many places and meet a few people that we wouldn't be able to otherwise. We are so blessed to have her. 
We had a lot of member dinners and on Sunday I got to meet the ward. They are great! It is about as big as my ward back home, which is different, but also wonderful. We sort of got roped into teaching the deacons, which was so fun! They are a good bunch.  
Weddington is an exciting place. I am so blessed to be serving here. 
My new address is:
My address for packages is:
I hope to hear from y'all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Reay

Pictures:
Sis. Lowry and I packing out
Sunday breakfast after an early ward council. We are such healthy eaters. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment